Rabindranath Tagore Quotes are famous not only in India but all around the world due to their deep meaning and significance.
These quotes by Rabindranath Tagore are full of life lessons and teach the real meaning and worth of self to the individual. It also helps the reader to understand the real relationship of the human with the almighty god.
These quotes are linked to the mythology and deities and show the relationship of God with humanity.
Origin and History
Rabindranath Tagore was a famous poet and philosopher who was born in the year 1861.
He was famous for his versatile and in-depth poems and writing about life and the human relation with God. Tagore is famous for modernizing the rigid norms of Bengali classical art and literature.
Because of his famous writing style and versatile poems, he won the Nobel Prize in literature in the year 1913.
He wrote the national anthem of India and Bangladesh in Hindi and Bengali language respectively. In this article we have cited some of the most influential Rabindranath Tagore Quotes.
Symbolism of Tagore
Rabindranath Tagore is considered to be a symbol of knowledge and wisdom. His writings are famous not only in India but all around the world.
Rabindranath Tagore Quotes and poems are used in various course textbooks and are taught as a separate subject in the graduation and post-graduation levels.
Famous Rabindranath Tagore Quotes
1. Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher storm but to add color to my sunset sky.
2. If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.
3. Let me not pray to be sheltered from dangers, but to be fearless in facing them.
Let me not beg for the stilling of my pain, but for the heart to conquer it.
Video: Inspirational Rabindranath Tagore Quotes
4. You can’t cross the sea merely by standing and staring at the water.
5. That life was a joy. I awoke and saw that life was service. I acted and behold, service was a joy.
6. It is very simple to be happy, but it is very difficult to be simple.
7. Unending Love
I seem to have loved you in numberless forms, numberless times…
In life after life, in age after age, forever.
My spellbound heart has made and remade the necklace of songs, that you take as a gift, wear round your neck in your many forms, In life after life, in age after age, forever.
Whenever I hear old chronicles of love, it’s age-old pain, It’s an ancient tale of being apart or together.
As I stare on and on into the past, in the end, you emerge, Clad in the light of a pole-star, piercing the darkness of time.
You become an image of what is remembered forever.
You and I have floated here on the stream that brings from the fount.
At the heart of time, love of one for another.
We have played alongside millions of lovers, Shared in the same shy sweetness of meeting, the distressful tears of farewell, Old love but in shapes that renew and renew forever.
Today it is heaped at your feet, it has found its end in you
The love of all man’s days both past and forever: Universal joy, universal sorrow, universal life.
The memories of all love merging with this one love of ours And the songs of every poet past and forever.
8. Faith is the bird that feels the light and sings when the dawn is still dark.
9. The butterfly counts not months but moments and has time enough.
10. Reach high, for stars lie hidden in you. Dream deep, for every dream, precedes the goal.
11. Love’s gift cannot be given, it waits to be accepted.
12. The small wisdom is like water in a glass: clear, transparent, pure.
The great wisdom is like the water in the sea: dark, mysterious, impenetrable.
13. Don’t limit a child to your learning, for she was born in another time.
14. I seem to have loved you in numberless forms, numberless times, in life after life, in age after age forever. Popular Rabindranath Tagore Quotes.
15. Where the mind is without fear and the head is held high, where knowledge is free.
Where the world has not been broken up into fragments by narrow domestic walls.
Where words come out from the depth of truth, where tireless striving stretches its arms toward perfection.
Where the clear stream of reason has not lost its way into the dreary desert sand of dead habit.
Where the mind is led forward by thee into ever-widening thought and action.
In to that heaven of freedom, my father, LET MY COUNTRY AWAKE!”
16. A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It makes the hand bleed that uses it.
17. Death is not extinguishing the light; it is only putting out the lamp because the dawn has come.
18. Let your life lightly dance on the edges of Time like dew on the tip of a leaf.
19. By plucking her petals you do not gather the beauty of the flower.
20. Most people believe the mind to be a mirror, more or less accurately reflecting the world outside them, not realizing on the contrary that the mind is itself the principal element of creation.
21. You smiled and talked to me of nothing and I felt that for this I had been waiting long.
22. We read the world wrong and say that it deceives us.
23. Love is an endless mystery because there is no reasonable cause that could explain it.
24. Those who are near me do not know that you are nearer to me than they are
Those who speak to me do not know that my heart is full of your unspoken words.
Those who crowd in my path do not know that I am walking alone with you. Those who love me do not know that their love brings you to my heart.
25. If I can’t make it through one door, I’ll go through another door- or I’ll make a door. Something terrific will come no matter how dark the present.
26. Music fills the infinite between two souls. Best Rabindranath Tagore Quotes on life and success.
27. Patriotism cannot be our final spiritual shelter; my refuge is humanity. I will not buy glass for the price of diamonds, and I will never allow patriotism to triumph over humanity as long as I live.
28. The biggest changes in a women’s nature are brought by love; in man, by ambition. Top Rabindranath Tagore Quotes on nature.
29. I have spent many days stringing and unstrapping my instrument
while the song I came to sing remains unsung.
30. Let my thoughts come to you, when I am gone, like the afterglow of sunset at the margin of starry silence.
Rabindranath Tagore Quotes for god and knowledge are very famous and are found in many textbooks.
They are also taught to the students in the schools and even in the colleges as a separate lecture of philosophy and religion. We have tried and covered the best 30 quotes out of a lot of hundreds of quotes.
We hope that these quotes will help you in believing in yourself and understanding the true meaning of life.
People Also Ask (FAQs)
What is the slogan of Rabindranath Tagore?
The line “You cannot cross the sea merely by standing and staring at the water” is considered to be the slogan of Rabindranath Tagore.
What can one learn from Rabindranath Tagore Quotes?
The Rabindranath Tagore quotes are rich in philosophy and knowledge. These quotes can help an individual to understand the true meaning of life.
In which field did Rabindranath Tagore win the Nobel Prize?
Rabindranath Tagore won the Nobel Prize in the field of literature. He was a fantastic poet and a famous philosopher.